Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh, the things I've learned!

Sometimes, I get in a slump.
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.

I learned that from Dr. Seuss.

I have learned a whole lot from that man.
Some of my greatest life lessons.

Like who I am. I am me, that is truer than true.

Where my brains and feet are.
"you have brains in your head. you have feet in your shoes"

To have your eggs and ham green is the only good way to eat breakfast.

No matter how small, a person is a person.

I will succeed! Its 98 3/4% guaranteed.

We have to speak for the things that can't speak for themselves.
"I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues."

Mean what you say, and say what you mean.

When I'm feeling down or confused,
Sometimes I pick up a Dr. Suess book.

It's so simple, children understand it.
Yet, there is knowledge in there to take me through life.

My favorite of the moment is Oh, The Places You'll Go!
I feel like since I'm about to be on my way,
I'll be on my way. I'll be the one to decide where to go.
I'll need this advice to help get me through some of the hard times.

I want to move mountains.
This book has a 98 3/4% success rate.
That's pretty darn high.

It tells me that there will be times when I'm on top of the world,
and I'll soar far and above everyone else.

Then it tells me that there will be days and times that I'm at the very bottom.
I'll be scared and have no hope or direction.

It also tells me to hold on, because I'll get to the place I'm looking for.

I'll make it alright.

I will move mountains.

Thank you Dr. Seuss.

You have inspired many.
Mostly me.

2 comments:

BB said...

I'm sure there are so many others who Dr.Seuss inspired and he wasn't even aware. Thank God for Dr.Seuss.

Symdaddy said...

Dunno why, but I've always avoided Dr. Seuss.