Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Choices We Make

The thing that has been on my mind the most of late are choices.
We started the new 9-weeks which means that now I'm taking Economics. If any of you have ever studied economics, you'll know that it's all about how our everyday, mundane choices affect the economy.
I'm also in my Senior year of high school, which means I have a lot of decisions to make about College and what my career path will be. Which, by the way, I think I've got that one figured out (subject to change).
In church tonight, the subject of discussion were the two types of Christians. The kind who choose their path and ask God to bless them, or the kind that ask God to lead them on His path.
Which, is another choice.
I've just got all these lists bouncing around in my head.
I have choices that need to be decisions.
I need to be sure.

I need to be sure that the decisions that I make are the right ones. The ones God has picked out for my life. Not the ones that I have picked out and just hope that God decides to bless me.

Just in case any of you were wondering, I've decided that I want to be a lawyer. I've come to realize that injustice is something I am extremely passionate about. Passionate about abolishing it from this country.
I've also decided that I want to go to Ole Miss law school.

I need to pray about it, but I do feel a peace about it.
It literally just donned on me last week that I do truly want to be a lawyer.
It wouldn't be just another job, it would be something that I am truly, truly passionate about.
I realize that I have eight or more years of school ahead of me worth well over 100,000 dollars and endless nights of studying, but I feel like that's not any kind of price to pay if I end up making even the smallest ripple of effect.
I feel a peace about it. Like the events that took place for me to realize this, God set directly in front of me.

I will be an honest and hard working lawyer.
The only problem is that I haven't decided what kind of lawyer to be, Defense, Prosocutor, Corporate...The list goes on and on.
I'll research that.

But please please don't think that I am insane if I come back a week from now and decide to be something completely different.
At this moment, though, I really don't feel like I will decide differently.

God could change all of this in a split second though.

Thanks for listening to my rambling ons.

Be back soon!

No comments: